In keeping with the seasonal recipes (kale and Caitlin's Butternut squash-- Caitlin, can I bring your recipe to the light of it's own post?), here's Tiffany's Sage Pumpkin Bread.
For the sake of being zippy, I am posting her recipe before I've actually had the chance to make it (weekend, come quickly!) but if the bread is anything as awesome as Tiffany, you'll be wanting more! I think that came out wrong. Anyway, here it is:
Tiffany’s Sage-Pumpkin Bread
1 and 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves (or more if you like spices)
1/2 tsp nutmeg (or more if you like spices)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar (or 1 cup maple syrup)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp sage, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, and nutmeg in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar/maple syrup, vegetable oil, and water until thoroughly blended.
3. Add chopped sage to wet ingredients.
4. Make a little well in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir till blended together (but don't over-stir)
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan (9X5) and bake for 45-50 minutes. Adjust baking time if using a different sized pan. Or if you're making muffins, they'll bake in about 20 minutes.